Tuesday, November 28, 2023

GOOG Swing trade short & long trade

Current trading position: a swing trade short fade in Google's stock (GOOG).

Entry Strategy: I initiated the trade by entering at the low of the bar, which is notably distanced from the 9-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA). This entry point is marked by the first arrow on the chart provided. The rationale behind this entry is to capitalize on a potential retreat after trading into resistance.

Exit Goal: Illustrated by the green line on the chart. While fading the trend is not my usual preference, the solid resistance at this point offers a compelling opportunity.

Risk Management: To manage risk effectively, I sold half of my position when it reached 75% of my exit goal. Simultaneously, I'll be trailing my stop loss on the remaining half based on the high of the previous trading day, a strategy to minimize my risk while in the trade

Long Trade Plan: Should I be stopped out with the remaining half of my position, my strategy involves pivoting to a long position immediately. This decision is bolstered by Google's current upward trend and the formation of a hammer candlestick pattern, as indicated by the smaller arrow on the chart. My entry point for this long position would be at the high of the second arrow, with a stop loss set at the low of the previous day.

This trade shows a balanced approach to swing trading. As always, it's important to remember that trading involves risks and it's crucial to have a well-thought-out plan and adapt to changing market conditions.  Always learn to trade on a simulator before risking real money.



No comments:

Disclaimer

I DO NOT MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO BUY OR SELL SECURITIES - I JUST POST TRADES I MAKE OR FIT THE RULES OF MY TRADING PLAN ON A DAILY BASIS. DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR TRADES, INVESTMENTS, AND DECISIONS! ALL CHARTS COURTESY OF TRADESTATION, SCHWAb & TD AMERITRADE