Added these 2 daily swing plays - trades off wide range green bar at or over resistance with strong volume.
- COLL - 134 shares - stop low of green wide range bar - self half at top of wide range bar - had broken through resistance entered pullback near the break through line @ 26.70
- DSW - 280 shares - stop low of green wide range bar - self half at top of wide range bar - there is resistance above but tested multiple times, betting on break through with 2nd half if it gets there.- entered at 21.10 at 50% pull back area.
Account Rules: Model account started November 27, 2017 - will track for a year and compare account % vs S and P 500 (SPY) - Started with using a tracking model of a 20K IRA account to be compared VS the SPY which was 260.40 on 11/7/2017 – 77 shares total of SPY would have been purchased with the 20K.
- Will manage as an IRA account with 3 maximum day trades per week to stay under the pattern day trader rule for IRA accounts. Will take long trades only, day trades off my morning gap ideas and a few swing and index trades and post for tracking.
- Maximum risk of 1.5% account loss per day trade – Trades based around Day Trades with stocks under 20, Swing trades with stocks under 20 (maximum 20% in any overnight swing trade) and Index trades in the SPY, QQQ, or IWM using 2x and 3x leveraged EFT's that mirror the index. With swing trades I will not enter a trade the first 15 minutes of the trading day. Will double risk with oversold INDEX setups.
- 1 set stop – sell half at 1R, stop to entry price. Let remainder of shares run with stop under 9EMA and or 20ema with day trades. With swing trades will trail stop with low of the day.
- Will update when trades are placed - see below
Account to Date with closed position’s vs SPY
- Account positions closed: +3892
- SPY: Current 275.25 – November 27 260.40 with 77 shares (+18.37 = $1143.45)
* Daily 1st Hour Trading Map Posted Daily before 9:30am Eastern Time
Prior Trade Results (DS-Daily Swing, WS-Weekly Swing, DT-Day Trade)
- DSW - 3/14/18 - DS -
- COLL -3/14/18 - DS -
- CECO - 3/5/18 - DS - +360
- ECYT - 2/28/18 - DT +620
- SPXL - 2/26/18 - DT: +250
- SPXS - 2/22/18 - DS: -260
- IWM - 2/9/18 - DS: +1157
- IWM - 2/9/18 - DT: 450
- SSO - 2/6/18 - DS: +1670
- QQQ - 2/6/18 - DT: 212
- KODK -1/22/18 - WS:-210
- NCS - 12/26/17 - WS: -110
- TITN - 12/27/17 - WS: +150
- CPRX - 12/6/17 - WS: -155
- GSWTF - 12/4/17 - WS: -115
- MARA - 11/28/17 - WS: -127
- PSX - 12/4/17 - WS: -210
Stock Trading Plan: http://www.howidaytrade.com/stock-day-trading-plan.html
E-Mini Trading Plan: http://www.howidaytrade.com/e-mini-trading-plan.html
* You don't have to trade everyday. If the conditions don't feel right or if you're unsure of the current days trading environment then PASS on the trade. Missed money is better than lost money. Day trading and the stock market is not a "war" that you must win at all cost. Trading should be fun, wait for only the good setups. Follow your rules, stick to your stops, and know that everyday the market presents a new chess board.