ES/NQ Ten Day 60 minute chart
Weekly ES and NQ Charts
Pre Market Thoughts - 15 Minute Daily Range TradeThe night before I form a hypothesis of how I will approach the day if the market gaps up or down. Preparing the night before takes out emotion considering a trade. To be successful in trading master ONE setup before tackling another. Study it, own it and turn off the computer after the trade. To help traders I will give my thoughts on the 15 minute range. To fade the High/Low of the range or go with the break.
15 Minute Range Goal: One trade a day on the first break of the 15 minute range. 2 point stop and 2 point target if fading against the trend and 2.25 target if going with the trend. If price trades 1.75 points automatically move stop to entry. With study, discipline and devotion to one setup you can build your success rate to 65% plus over time.
How to succeed:
- One day at a time devoting yourself to the same setup day after day.Think, sleep and eat your setup.
- Skill is developed by hours and hours of working on your craft. Small advantages hammered out day by day.
- Everyday write 3 things you learned from your setup.
- An oak tree will not fall by hitting it at 20 different locations but by hitting it at the same spot day after day.
- Dont be afraid to make a decision. Dont be afraid to fail and have a losing trade. You will not be perfect.
- Previous Day Price: Closed above, below or between the five minute 5 and 60 SMA
- Was the previous day a Breakout day, continuation day or flat
- Volume Today: is the early volume strong pushing through a support and resistance zone. Is volume average and price bumping up to a support or resistance zone.
- Early Trading pattern: Is the trend strong or weak. Is the first 5 minute candle red or green. What is the volume on that candle.
- Ticks Today: Strong, weak, supporting a BO/BD or diverging supporting a fade.
- Support / Resistance points.
- Longer Term remains in a bullish up trend, Weekly Chart is at top of the range.
- ES - 15 MINUTE RANGE THOUGHTS(SV-Strong Volume through Support or Resistance, V-Volume, Negative/Positive=opening price)
Break of the 15 minute Range HIGHAverage VFavorStrong VFavorUp Gap Positive & filled gap:-Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFadeFade/BOUp Gap Positive & gap not filled:FadeFadeUp Gap Negative & filled gap:-Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFade/BOFade/BOUp Gap Negative & gap not filled:-Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFadeFade/BOUp Gap Straight Up, 3 green 5 minute candles with SV: Long on break of 30 minute range or break of Narrow range candle long.3 Green 5 minute candles with Average Volume into Resistance = FadeFlat opening & positive:-Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFadeFade/BOFlat opening & negative:-Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFadeFade/BODown Gap Positive & filled gap:--Consolidation with 5sma support favor BOFadeFade/BODown Gap Positive & gap not filled:FadeBODown Gap Negative & filled gap:-Strong V bounce off support favor BOFadeFade/BODown Gap Negative & gap not filled:-Strong V bounce off support favor BOFadeFade/BO
Break of the 15 minute Range LOWAverage VFavorStrong VFavorUp Gap Positive & filled gap:FadeFadeUp Gap Positive & gap not filled:FadeFadeUp Gap Negative & filled gap:-Super Strong V & 15 minute full red down candle BDFadeFade/BDUp Gap Negative & gap not filled:-Super Strong V & 15 minute full down red candle BDFadeFade/BDDown Gap Straight Down, 3 red 5 minute candles with SV: Short on break of 30 minute range or Fade if at support with first test3 Red 5 minute candles with Average Volume into Resistance = FadeFlat opening & positive:FadeFadeFlat opening & negative:FadeFadeDown Gap Positive & filled gap:FadeFadeDown Gap Positive & gap not filled:FadeFadeDown Gap Negative & filled gap:FadeFadeDown Gap Negative & gap not filled:-Strong Volume with support Fade, if room to support BDFadeFade/ BD
ES - GAP THOUGHTS
(2 point Stop with a 2.25 exit goal. Stop to even at 1.75 points, enter in first 5 minutes or pass)
- Gap Fade Short: Fade off 1954.75 Area
- Gap Fade Long: Fade off 1944 area
- Gap GO Long: Will not chase
- Gap GO Short: Will not chase
* You don't have to trade everyday. If the conditions don't feel right or if you're unsure of the current days trading environment then PASS on the trade. Missed money is better than lost money. Day trading and the stock market is not a "war" that you must win at all cost. Trading should be fun, wait for only the good setups. Follow your rules, stick to your stops, and know that everyday the market presents a new chess board.