Friday, June 8, 2012

15 Minute Breakout - WMT - Caught a little of the big run

Daily Chart - before break out
 
5 Minute Chart
 

15
 
.
Stock:WMT
Entry Bar: 2
Time Frame: 15 Minute
Entry Point: 66.81
Stop: 66.49
Exit Goal: going to ride it scale at 66.10 (this is where I screwed up)
Result:
All or Nothing Result: ALL
Notes: Missed the 5 minute entry. I really liked the Daily Chart breakout and that if the market starting closing its gap that WMT would benefit. Once in the trade I screwed up when scaling out. Instead of scaling out 1/2 size I hit full size and missed huge run up. Important to take order placement very serious. I was steaming.

* All or Nothing means to place a trade, set a exit goal and a stop, and not to manage the trade unless it’s the end of the day. Feel free to post any trades you made today that you would like commented on.

No comments:

Disclaimer

I DO NOT MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO BUY OR SELL SECURITIES - I JUST POST TRADES I MAKE OR FIT THE RULES OF MY TRADING PLAN ON A DAILY BASIS. DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR TRADES, INVESTMENTS, AND DECISIONS! ALL CHARTS COURTESY OF TRADESTATION, SCHWAb & TD AMERITRADE